Sunday, January 11, 2015

All Strung Out!

I spent yesterday restringing my instruments. It was not fun, but with the help of YouTube I was able to get a few hints on how best to do it.
The cello and the guitar both sound a lot better. The guitar strings were 2 years old, and the cello strings about 15 years old! The violin strings were also about 8-10 years old!

The easiest to string is the cello, and the hardest the guitar. The cello strings were the most expensive, and the guitar the cheapest. They're either expensive or just a pain! You can see why I hate stringing!

I got a hammered dulcimer for my birthday. I love it and am enjoying learning how to play it. It, however not only has a lot of strings, but they are each duplicated! I hope I don't live to see the day I have to restring it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing crisp new sounds from your guitar tomorrow.
    Also, I don't think I'd like to retune the dulcimer, let alone restring it. :)
    Frank

    ReplyDelete