Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Two and Two Half Poster Bed


This is one of the posts from our bed. I wanted to replace it with new, shorter finials.

We purchased the finials online, but didn't know how to finish them to match the bed. I went to Home Depot where the girl recommended stain. This, obviously was a bad idea.

I went back to Home Depot and purchased paint. We were unable to color match, so I just found a chip sample that seemed close. I was very pleased with the result.

On a third trip to Home Depot I purchased glaze and added brown paint to it.

And, voila! A perfect match. I was so pleased with myself!

All this was because we had moved the TV to a wall where the posts interfered with viewing! We're happy with our new two and two half poster bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment