Friday, August 23, 2019

Camping at Timpooneke

We did it! We went camping Tuesday to Thursday this week! The weather was beautiful, and our campsite was fantastic. School started this week, so the campgrounds were wide open!

The site as rather large, and we had lots of room to spread out! It was Timpooneke number 28 in American Fork  Canyon. It is pronounced Timp-a-noo-kee. I only know this from hanging around my Alpine hiking friends. It is only about 45 minutes from home.


We got to try out our new hammock, which was a big hit with the kids as well as the adults!

John and I ended up making up a lot of stories for the kids in the hammock. Apparently, his stories were better as his monsters were always nice in the end! I was asked to redo my stories and make the ghosts nicer!


Wednesday was Mabel's fourth birthday. She celebrated it by going to the Timpanogos cave visitors center. The climb to the cave was too vigorous for a cancer sufferer, a gall bladder surgery sufferer and two pre-schoolers, so we promised we'd come back in a few years.

We watched a movie about the caves while Mabel got all dressed up to go inside!

After lunch we had a little jam session with ukes and a banjo.

Apparently, we weren't paying enough attention to the kids, as Clementine had enough time to take off her clothes and romp naked in the forest while we were singing!

We enjoyed the many flowers in bloom, including the bright red bane berries!

The men made a really nice campfire.

Which was just right for cooking s'mores!

We packed up Thursday morning and took one last picture of the girls. Two small girls on one big tent trailer! It was so wonderful to salvage something of summer before more chemo treatments! It was strange to have me moving around quicker than Brittany for a change! I've been enjoying feeling good.

I had labs Thursday afternoon. My platelets were still low (16), so I get to stay home this weekend and go to Mabel's birthday party tomorrow. I also had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday which hardly hurt at all. Maybe the Ativan and Fentenyl helped. We'll get results next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment