Friday, August 16, 2019

David, Dinner and a show

My brother David is in town this weekend. He's going to run his 41st marathon tomorrow in Wyoming. He is well on his way to running a marathon in every US state.

He went to dinner with us and the Stevens at the much vaunted new Shake Shack in Salt Lake City. The hamburgers were good, but a little on the small side. David was snookered and ordered the 'shroom burger, not realizing it was the vegetarian option. He was very good natured about it and said the portabello mushroom was just fine.

Afterwards we went to the Hale Center Theatre Production of Cinderella with Barbara and Kent. We've enjoyed having season tickets. I missed two shows, but Brittany went with Ed to Freaky Friday and my cousin Michael and his wife Arlene got to see Matilda. So it worked out fine. Barbara and I bought season tickets today for the 2020 season. I might miss a few, but it gives us something to look forward to, and  hopefully, my cancer will be in remission early next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment