Sunday, August 4, 2019

Tea Party and Dinosaur Museaum

I accompanied Ed, Brittany and the girls to the dinosaur museum on
Friday. I thought I'd just borrow a wheel chair if it was to hard standing around It turned out there is a $10 charge for a wheel chair, so I just sucked it up because I'm cheap and because I thought it would be good for me to push myself a little. Mabel was thrilled to show me all here favorite displays.

Mabel particularly likes playing in the sand and water. Clementine particularly likes to wash her hands in soap and water at the automatic sinks!

In the afternoon we had a tea party in the "secret garden," the third tier of our back yard.

We were celebrating me having accomplished a project I'd been planning for a year--the painting of a rustic table the previous owners left.

I had bought some white chalky paint that improved the appearance a bit, but still looks plenty rustic! I am weak enough I had to use two thumbs on the spray paint. But it was satisfying to accomplish something!

The girls loved the tea party, as much as we did. It was nice just sitting out, relaxing in the shade of the red bud trees.

The secret garden was spared from carnage when I got cancer. We were planning on making a pickleball court up there. I think that ship may have sailed now. It is quite lovely up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment