Tuesday, August 20, 2019

To camp or not to camp? And lower platelets!

We took dinner to Brittany and John last night. She was still in quite a bit of discomfort from having her gall bladder removed yesterday. The air bubbles in her back were particularly painful. But she still wants to go camping today.

Poor Ed and John, having to camp with two sickies. They might get stuck carrying the heavy load!

My platelets are down to 18 now. So, I've started taking dexamethazone, which might help. I also am scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday to see if I have a condition called ITP. This can cause your body to attack the platelets. Dexamethazone is a treatment for that. In the meantime, I'm going camping for a few days and might have an energy boost from being on steroids again!




No comments:

Post a Comment