Thursday, June 29, 2017

Stewart Falls with the Hiking Ladies

I hiked to Stewart Falls this morning with the hiking ladies. We took the route up from the Sundance parking lot this time. It is a mile shorter (only 3 miles), than the Stewart Falls parking lot, but equally scenic! There was just as much water as there was 3 weeks ago, but this time all the snow was melted!

We saw some incredible beautiful wildflowers, many of which I recognized. This was my favorite. I can't find it in any of my books or apps!

We also saw a skunk scamper across our path! Fortunately, he did NOT spray us!


Some of the vegetation was so lush you felt like you were in a rainforest! I also loved this Hooker's Evening Primrose!

In addition to the beautiful scenery, I also heard a lot of stories. Some of the funnier ones were about raccoons in the attic! That is a little too close to nature!


No comments:

Post a Comment