Monday, June 18, 2012

Barbara Behooves

Barbara helped me feed the horses this morning, which meant she got to learn how to clean out a horse's hooves. She did a great job and the horses were very good. She didn't get slobbered on either, unlike Kent, who got a pretty good sliming yesterday when he gave Bali her apple!

Afterwards we went for a nice, long walk on a wet and drizzly morning. It was beautiful. Barbara enjoyed learning how to walk with Nordic walking poles. She took to it like a duck to water. She couldn't believe I took a 6 week course just to learn how to do that!

We finished off the day with a joint guitar lesson, a dinner of delicious Mexican Roasted Vegetable Lasagna and a movie, Beyond the Sea about the life of Bobby Darin. I admit I missed the death of Bobby Darin, but Barbara was kind enough to fill me in on it when I woke up.

Then, last but not least, there was a terrific firefly show in the back yard. It was like little Christmas lights in our copse. This is not an actual picture, but an incredibly accurate simulation! It was magic!


1 comment:

  1. Tending to animals, nordic walking and fire flies. My, how your life has changed.

    ReplyDelete