Tuesday, May 7, 2019

A New Day a New Drug

It was nice having my brother, Jon, drop by this afternoon. He's like having a sailor in the family. He flies all over the world delivering strange cargo to exotic places. It was fun hearing about something besides cancer for a change!

Ed was so worried about me that he spent last night at the hospital. I needed the emotional support! I also draw strength from all you pulling for me! Bishop Shippen gave me a beautiful blessing last night that left us feeling that I would survive this ordeal.

And like an answer to our prayers, this morning the doctors found a new medicine you can combine with Campath that has had some success in patients with  BPLL. Apparently, they read the same article Ed had already found online!

It took all day to get their ducks lined up, so at 8:15 pm they finally started the Fludarabine infusion. I'll get this for a half hour and then Campath for 2 hours.

I feel overall better than yesterday,  but my right arm (of the old PICC) is super swollen and painful. Whine, whine, whine...

No comments:

Post a Comment