Thursday, May 2, 2019

Visitors on Campath Day 2

I had a number of visitors yesterday. John and Kaylene came all the way from Maryland!  They brought me a new verse to Buck Up Buttercup, which I love!  I was pretty doped up for my second treatment when they arrived and hope they don't think my slowness and slurred speech is permanent!

Debbie came up from Alpine and taught us how to play 9 Innings, the card game. It was fun and fast moving. I won, slurred speech and all!

In the evening Dave and Kristi, from the band Alpine  Sage. stopped by, I was chipper enough to jam with them on ukes and guitar. Dave was doing a little improvising on the uke. He's a natural.

They also brought me some forbidden fruit! I haven't been able to eat grapefruit for the past 6 months, as it counteracted my medicine. Now that I have discontinued that med I'm free to partake.

And partake I did! It was a nice bedtime snack and tasted exactly like I remembered, sweet and juicy!

Don't get your hopes up to high, but the road to remission took a little dip today. WBC 173!




No comments:

Post a Comment