Sunday, May 5, 2019

Hot Weekend

First the good news. Friday night we had a nice time seeing the play Steel Magnolias at the Hale Center Theater. I was a little winded from walking across the parking lot but other than that was doing okay. The rest of the weekend didn't go as well.

By the time my mom and sisters dropped by to see me Saturday morning I was in major pain from my PICC line. As well as out of breath and fatigued. They were nice enough to wash my hair for me as I couldn't lift my arm over my head.

We had a lift from the grandkids coming over Saturday night. Brittany told them not to touch me and I wore mask. It is hard to not give hugs!


We watched Wallace and Gromit the Curse of the Were-Rabbit. It was disturbing. Happily I slept through most of it.


When I started to spike a fever this afternoon I decided not to buck up any longer! We went to the ER. They yanked the PICC line, but I am still in major pain from an infected line. What hospital has an exam room number 13! My WBC is 250, maybe from the infection! I'm happy to be back at Huntsman, rather than writhing in pain at home!

This is a definite blip on the road to remission, but at least I feel well enough to blog again!


No comments:

Post a Comment