Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Watch and Wait and Visit

Brittany and the girls came over to check up on us today. I was not as lively as I was at their last hospital visit.

They got to witness my first blood transfusion. My red blood cells were trending low, so I got a bag of someone else's blood. I felt like a vampire!

The doctors and pharmacists were very happy with my dip in WBC this morning, but will wait for a few more results like that before they dance a happy jig! I felt relatively good all day, except for my right arm which is still extremely swollen from the PICC gone bad.

I was able to lift my hand above my head to shower and wash my hair. I was happy Brittany came by just in time to braid it again!

Through the miracle of modern tablets, the girls were able to entertain themselves while we had a good visit.

We had a double header this afternoon, as Barbara and Kent dropped by with Eli and Lacy right after Brittany left. Kent brought his new ukulele case to show me. We're going to have some uke fun after I blow this Popsicle stand!

I finished my treatment today and have another one tomorrow. If all goes well I'll go home again Friday. Going home sounds scary. Who knows what will go wrong next time?


No comments:

Post a Comment