Saturday, July 6, 2019

Donuts and Labs

We started Friday with homemade donuts by Brittany. I also had my pie from the day before. We went up to Huntsman loaded with sugar. No wonder my glucose came back a little high! We were expecting to have to stay for an infusion, but my platelets were past the threshold and my hemoglobin was up, so they let us go home.



My blood numbers are more complicated now. My WBC is in a normal range but the good part of it, neutrophils are still not as high as they need to be, and the bad variant lymphocytes, while decreasing, are still there. But we are within sight of the goal. Ed made me a nice new graph to show what we're comparing now. The height of the bar represents the total WBC - the different colors represent the different contributors: red is the variant lymphocyte count, green is the neutrophil count (ANC=absolute neutrophil count) and blue is the count of other, smaller components. The neutrophils are almost at the lower end of the normal level (which is 2.0). We would like to see the variant lymphocytes to go to zero.

As you can see, I've made good strides in the past several days. Monday I go to the hospital to hopefully get a port and start chemo. This will depend on my platelet level coming up to 50 by then. It was only at 25 yesterday, but on the rise. Every day is an adventure...



No comments:

Post a Comment