Saturday, July 6, 2019

Happy Fourth of July

I was able to enjoy the fourth of July at home. The girls go to go to the parade in the morning and looked very festive afterwards. (Coda did not go to the parade.)

Brittany planned the menu and I pretty much laid around while everyone else did all the work. We even had champagne mangos for an afternoon snack!


We got a new wading pool thinking the girls would love to cool off. While they loved the pool, it was a pretty cool day, only reaching the low 80's.

We tried to eat outside, but when the wind came up, Clementine was having none of that! She insisted we go inside to eat. She turned out to have the right idea, as the weather got worse and it started to rain.

We finished our meal safely inside out of the elements. I was able to sit up just long enough to eat at the table, then go back to the couch.

I didn't get my slice of pie till the next day, but it was a sight to behold: red, white and blue just like the salads and drinks Brittany had made. I hope next year I can be a bigger help so she can enjoy the day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment