Tuesday, July 2, 2019

What's Next?

I've been in the hospital 4 days since going in with a fever on Friday. The fever, happily, has not come back, but the doctors have been waiting for my neutrophils to return. I've been at 0 for a week now, but this morning I had .3! They are the good white blood cells that fight infection. The WBC is 2.9, which is very good, but they are mostly bad lypmphocites. Hopefully, that will turn around soon. I'm also low on platelets and getting two transfusions today, as they hope to get me up to 50 so they can put a port in my chest this afternoon. That would be a relief to my poor hands that are not happy about IVs and blood sticks.

I'm able to read and watch TV now, and find old movies very satisfying. I watched the Princess Bride and A League of their Own. It's funny how much you forget about a movie when you don't see it for 15 years!

With any luck I'll be home for the fourth of July, but will return on the 8th for my next round of chemo. I'm feeling okay and have enough energy that I would enjoy spending a little family time before coming back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment