Monday, July 29, 2019

Must have been the Steroids...

I felt so good at the beginning of last week that when the Youngs asked if we would like dinner or a visit, I said, "Bring dinner and stay for a visit." I was feeling chipper and we enjoyed the evening.

On Thursday I even (sorta) helped Brittany pitch a tent for the girls in our back yard. It was super fun.

We felt like were were camping in the mountains.

I was even able to make some buttons on Thursday, Crystal has been encouraging me to do this for a month, but this was the first time I had enough energy.

Things fell apart on Friday, probably due to the fact that I was no longer taking steroids to mitigate the chemo. I spend the entire weekend on the couch, not even walking laps in the hallway.

We had several friends drop in on Saturday and Sunday, including Barbara and Kent who filled us in on their camping trip and Mom's move.

I forgot to hand out pins to everyone. Come back and get your pins! If you want me to mail you a pin, Ill be happy to do that. I'm sure I'll have a few good days between treatments in the near future.

We go for labs today, as well as a class on how to get a BMT.

Tomorrow is a CT scan and Wednesday a bone marrow biopsy. These two tests determine whether we start the BMT process or have one more cycle of chemo first. If we start the BMT process, the actual transplant will occur. August 22. If not, it will be pushed back a month. Wish us luck tomorrow. I'm a bit of a nervous wreck, wishing so badly to move on to the next stage. I might be taking some
Ativan tomorrow to help control my nerves and tears.


1 comment:

  1. If you get a chance, please send a batch of buttons this way Judy! I’ll distribute.
    Prayers and more prayers, always.
    PS ‘ Mops’ is Robin R...

    ReplyDelete