Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Pulmonary Test or Game Shoe Silent Booth?

This morning I had a pulmonary test at Huntsman Hospital. It was exciting for me, as this is one of the preliminaries to getting me checked out to see if I'm healthy enough for a BMT. My lungs were good.

It felt like being in a sound-proof booth on Family Feud. I was trying to figure out what questions I might be asked when I popped out on stage.

Out of 100 leukemia sufferers interviewed, what was the thing they enjoyed most about their visits to the hospital and infusion center?

Free hats for baldies?

Feel free to add your questions and/or answers!

We were surprised that my hemaglobin went up today and I didn't need an infusion of blood. My WBC went up, both my good and bad white blood cells. So I'm not neutropenic today. We decided to use our extra time going to the float preview for Salt Lake's annual Days of '47 parade. It was indoors, out of the heat and I was easily able to walk around for half an hour. We enjoyed all the floats.

But we especially enjoyed the theme--Journey of Hope. We felt like it was  chosen just for us. We've been supported by your love and hope not just for the past 3 months, but for the past 3 years since we've started this journey. We've been on a terrible roller coaster, but feel like we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Depending on my tests next week, I may have to have one more cycle of chemo (Hypercvad 2B) unless they figure the chemo which I will automatically get before the BMT would be enough to clear up a few pesky cancer cells.

I even felt good enough to go out to lunch at the Suncrest Grill on the way home. I've got a sore throat from the chemo, a lip sore and runny nose, and am slightly out of breath, but am doing better than in a long time. Oh, I almost forgot numbness and tingling in my fingers and toes. Tomorrow is my last dose of steroids. I'm hoping I don't lose steam when I stop taking them. One day it would be nice to see a chart with no red on it. But these are still small numbers and the green is very good. We'll get more labs on Thursday.









No comments:

Post a Comment