Monday, July 8, 2019

Sunday at church and new chemo date

I got all dressed up for church yesterday, as it has been a couple of months since I've been to church in Alpine. I thought I could probably make it all the way through Sacrament meeting, as it is just like sitting in a chair at the hospital waiting an hour for lab results. I was happy to go, but only lasted about 45 minutes. Apparently the pews are not as easy to sit on as a lobby chair! I was happy to do that much, however.

In the afternoon Barbara and Kent stopped by. It was fun to hear about the progress on their new house. It was also nice to hear I looked better than 2 weeks ago. Any improvement is so gradual that I hardly notice it.

We had labs this morning. My platelets were up to 40, but it turns out in order to start chemo again they need to get up to 75. Still no date for the port. Apparently, this next chemo can be done with an IV, my most dreaded needle stick!

My good neutrophils came way up. I am no longer neutropenic! The bad variant lymphocytes also came up a little, but it could just be the nodule in my hip spitting out some old cells. Nobody seems worried about that.

We plan to have labs on Thursday, and start chemo then, as well, if my platelets cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment