Monday, July 22, 2019

Moon Party

Brittany planned a moon party to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. Ed talked me into driving to Home Depot with him. While I wasn't motivated to go into Home Depot, I was happy to go to the party story to buy a few things for the moon party. With a mask and a cart to lean on I was able to enjoy participating in life in a small way.

We bought a small inflatable astronaut to greet the kids at the door.

Mabel became very attached to the astronaut. She named him Buzz Aldrin. Brittany and John had been reading moon books to them all week and they were prepared!

In addition to making some moon sand with the girls, Brittany also made a moon cake, moon pies, and a great salad dinner.

I missed out on some of the activities but started to pep up later.


I started watching the rocket launches from the family room window,  but really got motivated go move outside and enjoy the fun with the rest of the family.



This was one of our more successful launches, but even the failures were fun and no one burned up on the launch pad.

We finished the evening in the moon-lit theater room watching the PBS special on the moon landing.It was super fun seeing how prepared Mabel was to watch such a complicated movie. I had already seen it, so fell asleep before it ended. I had a big day of chemo in front of me the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment