Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Reprieve!


I started out the day at Dr. Stock's office (my orthopedist) I was happy to wear my new, pretty mask, which I thought almost matched my shirt!

GOOD NEWS: I don't have to wear the brace anymore!

BAD NEWS, I need some serious therapy to regain my range of motion!


We had an afternoon appointment at LDS hospital with Dr. Mitchell, who explained a lot of things to us.

The initial UofU pathology report indicated BPLL, which was why I was hospitalized last week. The pathologist at LDS hospital, looking at the same slides believes it is probably an atypical CLL, possibly with a TP53 variable.

They recommend getting a new report from Massachusetts General to confirm the diagnosis. We are still waiting for TP53 results.

GOOD NEWS:  They took out my PICC!!!!! They took me off most of the medications, including the dizzying Hydoxyurea! I am no longer neutropenic, and can go out in public without a mask!

BAD NEWS: We have to wait several weeks more to find out what I have!

On a side note, we have an appointment with Huntsman tomorrow. Will they stand by their own pathology report (UofU), or will they agree a third opinion is called for? In the meantime, I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight!

Other GOOD NEWS: They gave both Ed and I orange juice and cookies after I got the PICC line out!

1 comment:

  1. All of this is good news. Now if all the Dr.s can get on the same page with the diagnosis so you can get the best treatment. If you are waiting on Massachusetts does that mean you will be able to spend Christmas at home instead of the hospital? Hang in there, Judy. Love to you and that rock of a support, Ed.

    ReplyDelete