Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Home in time for Poppies

We came home yesterday from the hospital, hopefully for one week. I'm scheduled to return on the 12th for more chemo to get me in remission for the BMT.

It was incredible once more being part of the real world.

I finally got to open my care package from Kaylene and Carrie! It was a box of Sunshine, and supplies for a Sunshine party! I can't wait to share it with family this weekend!

Next item of business was a haircut for Ed! Judy's of Alpine was once again open for business!

Because it's poppy season, we couldn't resist going over to see them with Brittany and the girls! Because of all the spring rain they seemed a foot taller than last year!

Because I am neutropenic I'm wearing a mask around the girls and on the hiking trails. Brittany gave Mabel and Clementine strict instructions not to touch grandma. It's hard!

Ed doesn't mind getting the extra love! They can touch grandpa all they want!

It felt like a victory to be out again. We know we have a long road to go, but feel like we're going in the right direction now!

We had fun after dinner checking out a very tired cicada with the girls. It's fun watching Brittany teach her children about the natural world around them!

I'm a little weak and shaky, but feeling good enough and energetic to do many things. We have doctor appointments and labs every day. So, it's not a complete vacation, but it was great to get out and enjoy our own back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment