Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Robin and CAR-T

My friend, Robin, from Broomfield stopped by to see me on Monday. It was fun catching up with her. She's had as much excitement in her life as I have in mine. She didn't get to stay too long, as the BMT doctor rescheduled my appointment from 4 pm to 2 pm.

My WBC had gone down to 17. We were very happy. But our discussion with Dr. Couriale was very confusing. He suggested I go on CAR-T therapy to get me in remission. We were not completely opposed to this,  but after the doctor left, the coordinator came in and said they only have trials of CAR-T at Huntsman and that I probably wouldn't qualify for one of them. She said they don't do commercially available CAR-T at Huntsman. It was especially confusing, because the doctor had told us he was in charge of the program. Hopefully, we'll get this figured out when we see Dr. Halwani on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment