Monday, June 3, 2019

Sunny Sunday

I was so happy to feel good enough to go up to church on the 6th floor of the Huntsman Center with Ed yesterday. It's nice for the view as well as the length of the meeting (1/2 hour)! It's a nice service for patients and families!

I was also feeling good enough to give myself some music therapy! I'm going through an American Fiddle Tunes book for the ukulele. It's fun having the banjo uke here. Everyone asks if I play the banjo when they see it. I do, coincidentally!

We went up to the Bistro for lunch again. It's pretty deserted on the weekends. But the food is just as good!

After lunch Annette and Kent dropped by. Kent spent 2 hours mowing our lawn this week. It just hasn't stopped raining here, and the grass was a foot tall and not gone to seed! 

My brother, Jon, dropped by with Frazil's for all later! Turns out the blue one makes your teeth and tongue blue, adding an eerie pale to an already shaky woman!

I felt good enough to stay out of bed all day, and I haven't fevered for 4 days. I'm going home today! I'm on day 13 of the 14-day Hypercvad cycle 1a/1b. I have a few meds I'll take at home, then take a break from treatment, during which time we hope I stay stable. The break can be up to a week. Then I return to the hospital for Hypercvad part 2a/2b. Hopefully, that will get me into remission and I will go straight to BMT. They call it BMT, but it is a transfer of stem cells from the blood, not bone marrow. Ed told Annette to get a sign on the back of her car that says "donor on board." We want her protected at all costs. A 100 percent sibling match is my best hope not to reject the transplant.

WBC nudged down to 83 this morning. We'll take it!


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling enough better that you can go home. How great to have Annette and Jon as visitors.

    ReplyDelete