Thursday, June 20, 2019

WBC 46

Let's just start out with the good news this morning. My white blood count is down to 46! I'm so happy! We're going in the right direction.

I told Ed to take a hospital break yesterday, but he didn't trust me, so he got Gayelynn to come up and babysit me for a few hours. Between her good company and a little Atavan, I made it through the night.

I'm done with the Methotrexate and and now on Lucavor, which is supposed to mitigate the effects of the Methotrexate. I also have had several infusions of Citarabine, but am currently on my last one. I still feel good and have been taking three walks a day without any problem.

Hazel came by on Tuesday and sang us two beautiful songs, one original that she is recording for an ED. She has such a beautiful voice. Some day we'll say we knew her when she was just a member of Alpine Sage! It was extra fun seeing her, as she has been super busy the past several months, and we haven't run into her!

My worst problem is I have to pee every hour, because I have a saline drip on constantly. This is inconvenient, but I'm so happy I'm not bloating like last time! At night I wake up suddenly and have a hard time making it to the bathroom in time. They were kind enough to give me a commode by my bedside last night, which was very helpful! In a few days I'll be weaned off the liquids, I think. Every day is a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment