Sunday, June 30, 2019

French Toast and Platelets

The Nuttalls stayed over Thursday night and surprised us with coconut French toast Friday morning.  It was a nice pep-me-up  before going to labs in the morning.

I was neutropenic and also low on platelets and hemoglobin, so we stayed all day for two units of blood and one of platelets.  Friday night after we went home I spiked a fever, so we came back to the hospital for my seventh admission. They've been giving me antibiotics and saline solution. The fever went away soon as I got here, but they might wait till my absolute neutrophils are higher than 0 to send me home. On a happy note my white blood count was 5.7 yesterday. I haven't had labs drawn yet  today.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee on wbcs. I had to look up neutrophils, who knew how many important components there are in your blood! Hope the fever and other side effects go away!!! Sending lots of love from Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news on your WBC. We’re rooting for you! -Eric&Emily Boothe

    ReplyDelete