Friday, June 7, 2019

The End of the Line

We met with our oconolgist, Dr. Halwani, yesterday. In the last several days my WBC has risen from 82 to 199 and he believes that the current treatment is not working. His thoughts were that continuing down this treatment path will be very hard on my body with little confidence of any success. Unfortunately, there are no more treatment alternatives or options that they have. So it appears I may be at "the end of the line."
Brittany and the kids spent the afternoon with us. Brittany brushed my hair and it felt cathartic. Unfortunately, I may not have many opportunities for this pleasure as the chemotherapy has finally caught up to my hair follicles and I am rapidly losing my hair.

Amanda and her family, and Crystal are coming in to visit today so may we have some time together.

2 comments:

  1. Judy, Butch and I are saddened by this news. I pray you will have strength and peace to make this transition. You are and have been a blessing to so many. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jude,
    I’ve just caught up with your story. I was so sure your new treatment would work. It’s hard to accept that there’s nothing more to do. I can’t get to you— I have my own old woman problems but my prayers will. Meanwhile, remember some of the fun we’ve had. Who knew you would turn out so good! I love you and miss you! Colleen

    ReplyDelete