Tuesday, June 18, 2019

New Line, New Chemo

I finally got my new central line last night about 6 pm. I was told it would be in my neck, which caused me some amount of anxiety and was pleasingly surprised to find it more in my upper shoulder when I got back to my room. They started chemo at 9 pm and will give it continuously for 24 hours (Methotrexate). After which they will wait 12 hours and administer a rescue drug (Leucovorin) to mitigate the effects of the first one. I should be in the hospital about a week as they monitor me.

My WBC this morning was 63k. We're very happy!

We spent so many days waiting in the hospital, where I basically felt alright. The tension was building, so Ed brought in a game of tile rummy, which not only helped, but took us back to the early days of our marriage when we played a lot. I should start to feel bad again in a few days, but we'll hope for the best.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet update! We are grateful that you are such a miracle! Many prayers, love and support coming your way always!! LOVE the pictures!!! What a remarkable couple you are! May you be blessed and sustained every way through the next battle that is being waged for your life! Keep fighting!! All things are possible through Christ! Love Christine
    Unwavering faith, extraordinary effort, no other options!

    ReplyDelete