Sunday, July 24, 2016

Burnin'

 More under the title What Could Possibly Go Wrong. Did I really jinx us by saying those words to Ed a mere few weeks ago?

Today, in an attempt to iron my clothes for church, I discovered a handheld steamer in my household goods. I was trying to figure out how to add water when I grabbed the top and pulled. Unfortunately, I had already plugged it in!

(Re-enactment to left)
After 3 hours of ice packs, and no relief from the pain, we went to the medicine cabinet (which fortunately arrived on the first moving van). We applied some burn gel and wrapped the hand in gauze.

The relief was immediate, and I was able to attend church with no pain. I met a lot of really nice people, but none of them asked me what happened to my hand. I might have had a good laugh about it with my hommies in Maryland!

By the way, I went to church wrinkled, and nobody said a word about that, either!

Ed spent the afternoon boning up on the sprinkler system. There are 28 zones, and they water for 12 hours 3 days a week! I am a little afraid to get our water bill next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment