Thursday, April 18, 2019

A Room With a View

Nothing like a warm blanket and a room with a view! Lots of things went well today at Huntsman. A one attempt successful poke for my IV!. The entire fusion in one day! (out by 1:30). My WBC only went up by 1! We ran out of time for the bone marrow biopsy, and had to reschedule! (That is not really good, as I have to keep on dreading it now!)

Ed talked with Amanda while I took a long nap. Amanda is 36 1/2 weeks pregnant, and the doctor says the baby can come any day now. Her father-in-law has been in the hospital for a week with an as yet undiagnosed illness. Her mother (me) is being treated for blood cancer and can't come out to help. Her husband graduates with his PHD in a month and starts a job in Dubuque, Iowa in July. They have to sell a house and buy a house all in the midst of having a baby with no help from the rest of us. She can't even enjoy whining about not being able to tie her shoes! We're sending her our love, but that's all we've got!

Ed made a nice little chart for me. We're hoping to watch my White Blood Count go down tomorrow. Since we came in last Tuesday it has gone up despite my first infusion. Infusion number two was today. In order to have a stem cell transplant (go through the bowels of hell), I have to be back in the normal range, Below 12k (see red line). This BPLL is a bugger!

No comments:

Post a Comment