Thursday, April 25, 2019

Four More Days!

Some of you may have noticed on my little chart that my white blood count has remained stubbornly high! So did my doctor. He has decided to accelerate the ramping up of my dosage and keep me in the hospital till we are at full strength. If all goes well and we start to see results on this supposed wonderdrug (Venetoclax), then I'll be going home on Monday!

I still feel good and am off my IV drip for the day, which has made me really happy. They asked me to wear a mask when walking outside in case the construction on the hillside blows any fungi my way.

Ed has been super nice to me and took a picture today of this Western Waterleaf, newly bloomed in Lambert Park. I enjoy updating our "What's in Bloom Page on the Alpine Nature Center website! Check it out!

Keep your fingers crossed for me! If this med doesn't kick in, I'll be going on Campath next week, a much more toxic therapy, which will also afford more days at Hotel Huntsman!

No comments:

Post a Comment