Friday, April 26, 2019

Crystal's Here!

Look who came to see me! Crystal! We had planned on visiting her on the way to Branson, and when we cancelled she decided to come to Utah and see us!

She started the morning with a trip to the tulip festival, which I totally enjoyed vicariously! There are more tulips in bloom this week, so it was spectacular!

They found the elusive Dutch shoe #14, which turned out to have been in plain sight!

After a fun morning at Thanksgiving point, they came up to Salt Lake for a fun afternoon at Huntsman Hospital!

I was happy to see them and had plenty of energy. I am babying my IV a little, as the needle point is a little swollen. I'm going to give in and let them insert a PICC line tomorrow. My last experience with that was terrible, but my hands are a mess from blood draws every four hours! Wish me luck!

Mabel and Clementine had a great time letting me raise and lower the bed with them on it. Hospitals can be fun!

We had lunch at my favorite restaurant, the Huntsman Bisstro!

After lunch the girls watched a little Daniel Tiger while we all did the NY times crossword together. Ed and I don't want to break our 33 day streak of solving it together!

We even had time for a ukulele jam! I loved it! Ed even broke down and learned a few chords. Miracles never cease!

My sister Verlene sent me a present (brought by Crystal) of a bunch of fun new socks! It might be enough to get me through a stem cell transplant! Thanks, Verlene!

No comments:

Post a Comment