Friday, April 12, 2019

The View from the Infusion Center

We're back in the infusion Center at Huntsman, sadly enough. Yesterday was a rainy and overcast day, to match our mood!

My monthly blood draw on Tuesday clearly showed that my lymphoma is active again. This means that I'll need to get back in remission, and then have a stem cell transplant. I should be in remission in several weeks, then go to the hospital for the BMT. Fortunately, my white blood count is only 80k, while last time I started treatment it was 585K! (Normal is 5-10). We are NOT pleased with this development, but hope that the course of treatment will be successful and we won't have to live in fear worrying about when the cancer will return. Also, when I go off Ibrutinib I can eat grapefruit again!

On another note, I have a large cyst and a small cyst in my left arm. They started growing in March, about the same time my cancer went rogue. I was planning on having them removed yesterday, but had to cancel the surgery, as the cancer took precedence! Dr. Halwani says there is a chance it is related to the lymphoma, and might go down on it's own with the infusion treatments. If not I'll have to get it taken off before we get the BMT. What a house of cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment