Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Long Night

Despite a rough night, I'm still feeling good. Ed brought my guitar in, which makes me happy. You can only read, watch tv and listen to podcasts so much. It's nice to have something productive to do. I'm trying to work up Ashokan Farewell, which I learned several years ago and promptly forgot!

I had two very high potassium readings last night, which may not have been compatible with life. This caused a host of doctors and nurses to descend on me with more bags of fluids, medicine, EKGs, a heart monitor and more blood draws. They took one draw out of an artery instead of a vein! The upshot is that I am fine, and unnecessarily lost a lot of sleep. For some reason my blood has hemalyzed (broken down before the tests) causing false readings. Hopefully, it will get its act together today!

My WBC was 196 this morning. Or not. The labs are still screwy

No comments:

Post a Comment